RDP Python query

I am trying to make use of the RDP python libaries (https://developers.refinitiv.com/refinitiv-data-platform/refinitiv-data-platform-apis/learning?content=38563&type=learning_material_item)

I have successfully put in my credentials and obtained my token, however when I run any query (eg timeSeries.py) I receive the following error:

(base) C:\Users\u6069419>C:/Users/u6069419/AppData/Local/Continuum/anaconda3/python.exe "c:/Users/u6069419/Documents/RDP Libraries/timeSeries.py"

Getting OAuth access token...

Reading the token from: token.txt

Token expired, refreshing a new one...

Saving the new token

Invoking data request

Unable to get data. Code 403, Message: {"error":{"id":"06474bb7-8def-457e-a3ad-d92426c10463","code":"insufficient_scope","message":"access denied. Scopes required to access the resource [trapi.data.historical-pricing.summaries.read]","status":"Forbidden"}}

Can you advise what this problem signifies? I am running the code within Visual Studio Code python terminal

Thank you

Best Answer

• Hi @jack.coppinger1,

Your credentials do not provide you the permissions to view this data. You will need to request to update your credentials. I would suggestion you open a Refinitiv Support ticket and they will guide you with the proper procedures to request for access.

Answers

• Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I opened a ticket and got level 2 access to my Machine ID, but am still having the same issue, do you know if a specific permission has to be added for timeseries? Thanks

• Hi @jack.coppinger1,

I'm not sure what you mean by "...and got level 2 access to my Machine ID". I would think you would have received a message that indicates you have permissions to access HistoricalPricing. What did you request for?

We don't control permissions within this website - we help with issues using the APIs. If you continue having issues accessing data and have successfully requested for it, you will need to follow up with the helpdesk.

• Hello @jack.coppinger1

Please contact your Refinitiv representative to help you verify your permission and the data that you need.