I have an EMA C++ consumer appilcation which does offstream posting. I want to run multiple instance

I have an working consumer application with offstream posting based on :

https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-cc/learning?content=26452&type=learning_material_item

I would like to run multiple instances. Each instance posts (contributes) a different set of data.

Sometimes when I start up the 2nd instance, it closes the connection on the first instance and sometimes, it doesn't.

I am using the same machine account/password and the same EmaConfig.xml for both instances.

I'm not sure what I need to change, to make this work properly.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Gurpreet
    Answer ✓

Hi @efreeman,

I have received the response form Contributions product team. An application is not allowed to use same credentials more than once, concurrently. Hope that clarifies.

Answers

• Hello @efreeman,

I don't think multiple instances are allowed to connect, using the same set of credentials. Your second instance might be getting past this by being routed to a different server by the load balancer - but it is not always guaranteed to work.

I will check with product team about the correct protocol for multiple applications.

• Hi Gupreet,

I was waiting for your followup. It seems like I will probably need multiple credentials in order to have multiple connections.

Thanks.

• Thanks for waiting, I have chased up product team again.