Error code 503 | Server Error: API Proxy is not available - What to do?

Dear Refinitiv-Team, since yesterday, I get the follwing message:

Error code 503 | Server Error: API Proxy is not available

Normally, our App should download Eikon price data into our App.

Could you solve this issue asap?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Judith

Best Answer

• Hi @Judith We recently released a new Eikon Library v.1.1.6 is available on pypi.org.

You can update with "pip install --upgrade --no-cache-dir eikon"

It should fix issues users we having with with Python 3.8 - maybe this will resolve your issues. Let me know how you get on.

Answers

• @Judith What version of the Eikon Library and Eikon are you using? Some users are experiencing issues with version 1.4/1.5 and Eikon 4.0.52. Can you please try with Eikon Library 1.1.2 (pip install eikon==1.1.2).

• @""jason.ramchandani: thanks for your note. Where can I check which versions ob both library and eikon I am using? Thanks and best regards, Judith

• @Judith For Eikon you can click on the Helios menu (the round orange button to the left of the search bar) ==> About.

For the library - in a jupyter notebook for example once you have loaded Eikon library:

import eikon as ek
    ek.__version__

I hope this can help

• Dear Jason, thanks again! I have indeed the Eikon version you mention above. However, I am not sure how to start the Eikon library, and where exactly to install the library version you mention above. I assume, in an Eikon folder for the library? I am only using an application which I have not written (in a Jupyter notebook, with associated py-files), and until last week, it worked fine (however, this Tuesday, two RICS did not get updated - out of 8), and from Wednesday on, I get this error. However, in this code, I do not see directly a reference to the library. Best regards, Judith

• Dear all, after about 7 days, suddenly the error disappeared without anything changed. In fact, I had difficulties like that every 6-8 weeks. … however, we switched now to the above mentioned library version and now let's see, whether this helps in the longterm.
  • Now…. I have this error message again! What could be the reason?
  • Would it make sense to use another Eikon Version 4.0.xxx? And how would I do that? Thx, Judith
  • Hello @Judith

Did you have a change to try Eikon Data APi version 1.1.6 yet?