Access denied when accessing TR field data from Eikon Data API, Excel Add-in working fine

Hi Team,

I am receiving the following error when trying to access DPS value from Eikon Data API for my company say 'Metlife':

(  Instrument  Dividend Per Share  Company Market Cap  Price Close 0        MET                <NA>        3.291184e+10        36.26, [{'code': 221,   'col': 1,   'message': 'The access to field(s) denied.',   'row': 0}])

It's able to retrieve Market Cap and Close price but not the DPS. However, I am able to pull the DPS value easily when using Excel Add-in. My code is as given below:

data = ek.get_data('MET', ['TR.DPS','TR.CompanyMarketCap','TR.PriceClose'])

data

I need to retrieve this data in order to update some files regularly. Could you please help me out with it? Thank you

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Jirapongse admin
    Answer ✓

@akshay.kaushal

I got the same error when requesting TR.DPS on both Eikon Excel and Eikon Data API.

(  Instrument  Dividend Per Share  Company Market Cap  Price Close  0        MET                <NA>        3.381043e+10        37.25,  [{'code': 221,    'col': 1,    'message': 'The access to field(s) denied.',    'row': 0}])

Can you try the below formula in Eikon Excel?

=@TR(&quot;MET","TR.DPSActValue;TR.DPS","CH=Fd RH=IN",B3)

Moreover, I am unable to find TR.DPS when using the Data Item Browser and Excel Formula Builder tools.