EIKON API on Mac computer

I am using EIKON Research and Advisory. I am struggling with using EIKON API on Mac computer. After some research in this forum, EIKON API is not serviced for Mac computer anymore.

However, in the following post, EIKON API for Mac seems to resume service in Oct 2019.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/50011/eikon-api-proxy-not-opening-in-macos.html

Furthermore, the user in the following post used EIKON API on Mac on June 2020.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/61722/missing-data-for-6-rics.html

Is there any way I can use EIKON API in Python installed in Mac computer ?

Best Answer

• @dosyd So the only supported experience for Eikon Mac users at present is via the Codebook app (type codebk into eikon search bar) - which is our cloud-hosted scripting environment.

Our next-generation desktop product called Refinitiv Workspace has a native mac version - some variants are currently available and some will be released later this year - so please speak to your account team if you wish to upgrade (if your variant is available). I hope this can help.

Answers

• Thank you for the reply. For Refinitive Workspace, I can login its Web version. However, its desktop app, I do not have an access.

(1) To use the EIKON API, do I need an access to Workspace Desktop APP, but not Workspace Web?
    (2) Why I cannot access to Workspace Desktop APP, while I am able to access to its web version?

(3) As mentioned above, I am using EIKON Research and Advisory. Is Workspace completely seperate product from EIKON? I am asking this question as I have an access to Workspace Web.

Once again, thank you very much for the help.

• Thank you for the reply. For Refinitive Workspace, I can login its Web version. However, its desktop app, I do not have an access.

(1) To use the EIKON API, do I need an access to Workspace Desktop APP, but not Workspace Web?
    (2) Why I cannot access to Workspace Desktop APP, while I am able to access to its web version?

(3) As mentioned above, I am using EIKON Research and Advisory. Is Workspace completely seperate product from EIKON? I am asking this question as I have an access to Workspace Web.

Once again, thank you very much for the help.

• @dosyd

1) yes you need access to the workspace desktop app as the API proxy that the Eikon Data API uses is not available in the Workspace Web browser version (or in the Eikon Web Browser version).

2) & 3) I believe you need to be a subscriber to workspace to use the workspace app - this is certainly a point to check with your account team to see if your variant is available or when it will be available. It is currently deemed a separate product, yes.

I hope this can help,

• Thank you very much for the clarification. It is indeed a great help!!

• @dosyd I use workspace for mac and its great improvement.

• Thank you. I will consider Workspace :)