How to return M&A deals for selected countries using Excel TR Formula?

Hello, I am trying to get the M&A deals based on few criteria among which one important one is the acquiror nation. I cannot find that criteria in the deal screener from where I normally create the formula. Setting TR.MnAAcquirorNation for the desired country in the TR function in excel directly does not work either.

This is more or less the formula I am using but I want a way to fitler the deals based on Acquiror Countries also.

TR("SCREEN(U(IN(DEALS)/*UNV:DEALSMNA*/), BETWEEN(TR.MnAAnnDate,20180101,20181231)/*dt:Date*/, TR.MnADealValue(Scale=6)>=1, CURN=USD)","TR.MnASDCDealNumber;TR.MnAAnnDate;TR.MnADealValue(Scale=6)","CH=Fd")

Thank you

Best Answer

• TR.MnAAcquirorNation field cannot be used as criteria in the Screener. It can only be used as output. In the Screener criteria you can use TR.MnANationHQ or TR.MnANationInc, e.g.

=@TR("SCREEN(U(IN(DEALS)/*UNV:DEALSMNA*/), IN(TR.MnANationHQ(DealPartRole=A),""GB""), BETWEEN(TR.MnAAnnDate,20180101,20181231)/*dt:Date*/, TR.MnADealValue(Scale=6)>=1000, CURN=USD)","TR.MnASDCDealNumber;TR.MnAAnnDate;TR.MnADealValue(Scale=6);TR.MnAAcquirorNation;","CH=Fd")

Answers

• Thank you Alex. I will try using TR.MnANationHQ or TR.MnANationInc.