Latest version of Eikon Data APi fails to retrieve news headlines when using escape characters

One of my clients is trying to use Eikon Data API to retrieve the news headlines from these keywords he uses on Eikon news app, "R:PGA190 AND "STRAITS" AND "JET" AND ( "SELLS" OR "BUYS" )". However, when use this news keyword on API, it doesn't return the expected results on my machine with Eikon Data API v1.1.8. On the other hand, my colleague can get the data with exact keywords / code, but he's on v.1.1.7. Can somebody advise on this change? (I tried to use the raw string, and also escaped it, no difference.) Please refer to the attached screenshots for more info. I intentionally want to use "JET" with double quotes instead of JET without double quotes (for JET/Kerosene keyword search). In case I use wrong escapes, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

microsoftteams-image.png

1628757294887.png

Best Answer

• @witoon.charoensakworakul

This is a known issue with the latest versions of EDAPI lib and EDAPI module in RDP Lib. The issue is being fixed, and the fix will be included in a future version of EDAPI lib and EDAPI module in RDP Lib. In the meantime the only workaround is to rollback to an earlier version of EDAPI lib that doesn't have the problem (EDAPI v1.1.7 or below).

Answers