Description of values obtained from "Power Gas Carbon Agriculture Research and Forecasts" template

I'm trying to see what data I can extract via the "Power Gas Carbon Agriculture Research and Forecasts" Excel template, focusing on agricultural data.

In general, I've found a few types of tables, but am having trouble understanding what they really contain:

• AgDash (i.e. AgDash.BRA.10yr.Meso.Acre)
    • Have four categories of data: Min, Max, Avg and Precip. I assume those are daily precipitation (in mm) and min/max/average temperature (in Celcius)?
  • SoilM (i.e. AgDash.BRA.SoilM.Download.10Yr)
    • Monthly data of what I assume is soil moisture, but I have no idea what the units are since they are all in the hundreds, and moisture is usually given as a percentage (or decimal equivalent).
  • NDVI (i.e. NDVI - Corn Soy Brazil)
    • Seem straightforward, with data on the vegetation index
  • Supply and demand (i.e. Refinitiv Ags, S&D-Brazil Corn)
    • No idea what the data is ("First Corn Planted CONAB 2019/20"?) or the units used.
  • Forecast (i.e. AgDash.BRA.Fcst.GFSOP and AgDash.BRA.GFS.Precip)
    • Seem straightforward, showing two-week-forward temperature and precipitation forecasts.
    • However, the precipitation forecasts in the files don't seem to match, even when comparing AgDash.BRA.Fcst.GFSOP and AgDash.BRA.GFS.Precip, both of which use GFS. What am I missing?
  • Accumulated precipitation (i.e. Brazil-Acc.Precip-GFS and Brazil-Acc.Precip-GFS-DiffN)
    • Seem to use different nomenclature for the different regions (i.e. "BRA.AC.01" and "BRA.AC.02" instead of "Jurua Valley" and "Acre Valley Mesoregion" in other tables). How can I convert between them?
  • Exports (i.e. Agflow.Br.Exp.crn.accumulated.c andAgflow_BR_Corn_ByCountry)
    • Seem straightforward, showing the accumulated exports for the last five years (two years per country). I assume the units are in kilotons?
  • Lineups (i.e. Brazil_Soy_Lineups_aggreg)
    • Seem to show future logistic data. I assume the units are in kilotons?

Could someone please clarify the contents of these tables?

Best Answer

• @pnacht This is a detailed content query which is best answered by raising a content query on Contact Us. I have opened case 10578369 on your behalf and you should hear from them shortly. I hope this can help.