API to get "Most Read" News

Hi,

A client would like to get "Most Read" news like she can do in News Monitor. I understand that Eikon Data API cannot do this as mentioned in How to query mostly read news for a certain ticker via Eikon API? - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

capture.png

Anyway, is there any API/workaround that can query news based on "Most Read"? Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Vetit S.

Best Answer

Answers

• hi Jirapongse,

thank you for the answer. M:1RS is useful indeed but it gives the output of most read news from all. is it possible to have most read news within a time period? I tried to give a date range from xxx to xxx but there is no output, which means M:1RS only works for all news.

So I wonder if it is possible to have some code to get most-read news within 24hours, 1 day, one month, or other periods? thank you

Cheers,

Ginger

• @Ginger J. Xing

Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. To ask a new question, please always start a new thread (Ask a new question).

The get_news_headlines method supports the date_from and date_to parameters.

get_news_headlines(query='Topic:TOPALL and Language:LEN', count=10, date_from=None, date_to=None, raw_output=False, debug=False)

date_from: string or datetime, optional
    Beginning of date range.

String format is: '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S'. e.g. '2016-01-20T15:04:05'.

date_to: string or datetime, optional
    End of date range.

String format is: '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S'. e.g. '2016-01-20T15:04:05'.

You can use these parameters to specify a period.