An asyncio.Future, a coroutine or an awaitable is required in Spyder (Eikon data API)

When I run the following script:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('')

df, err = ek.get_data(

instruments = ['GAZP.MM'],

fields = ['TR.CLOSEPRICE(Frq=D,SDate=2021-12-01,EDate=2021-12-19,Curn=USD).date','TR.CLOSEPRICE(Frq=D,SDate=2021-12-01,EDate=2021-12-19,Curn=USD)' ]

)

display(df)

I get the following error:

TypeError: An asyncio.Future, a coroutine or an awaitable is required

I launch the script in Spyder, Anaconda.

Best Answer

Answers

• python.txt

Please find the file attached.

• Of course I have it running

• @susskaya.anita

I got the following exception when I ran the code on Spyder.

[SpyderKernelApp] ERROR | Exception in message handler:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\U8009686\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder_kernels\comms\frontendcomm.py", line 165, in poll_one
        asyncio.run(handler(out_stream, ident, msg))
      File "C:\Users\U8009686\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\nest_asyncio.py", line 36, in run
        task = asyncio.ensure_future(main)
      File "C:\Users\U8009686\Anaconda3\lib\asyncio\tasks.py", line 680, in ensure_future
        raise TypeError('An asyncio.Future, a coroutine or an awaitable is '
    [SpyderKernelApp] ERROR | Exception in message handler:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\U8009686\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\spyder_kernels\comms\frontendcomm.py", line 165, in poll_one
        asyncio.run(handler(out_stream, ident, msg))
      File "C:\Users\U8009686\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\nest_asyncio.py", line 36, in run
        task = asyncio.ensure_future(main)
      File "C:\Users\U8009686\Anaconda3\lib\asyncio\tasks.py", line 680, in ensure_future
        raise TypeError('An asyncio.Future, a coroutine or an awaitable is '

However, Eikon Data API returned the data properly, as shown below.

1641371451805.png

The exception happens in the spyder kernel and nest asyncio modules so it could be a problem in Spyder.

Moreover, the code runs fine on Jupyter Notebook.

• Could you help me define which modules and version of Spyder are suitable for Eikon package usage?

• I tried it on the computer of my collegaue and it worked perfectly. However, on my computer there is no such type of Spyder in Anaconda. The latest version there is 5.1.5. How could I install it? I tried to do it via command line Anaconda Prompt. Spyder 5.2.1 was installed but it did not work properly.

• hi @susskaya.anita

which command did you use to install spyder?

I found that spyder 5.2.1 does exist in conda-forge package (regarding this site), could you try the command below in Anaconda prompt?

conda install -c conda-forge spyder
  • Yes, I have already done that. On one computer it worked. On my computer, as I wrote above, it was installed but it did not work. It was written that there was an error with kernel.
  • Hello @susskaya.anita

I download the Spyder IDE stand-alone installation package from the https://www.spyder-ide.org/ website.

Then I follow this Medium article to set up the Spyder IDE and the Conda.