Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running

Hi,

Appreciate that there have been multiple queries on this issue, yet it appears every issue has its unique root. I've attempted to use Eikon API after setting up the app key, but it returned this error: "Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running."

.Portinuse file within AppData\Roaming\Refinitiv\Data API Proxy correctly states port 9060.

I suspect this might be related to the backlog in new Eikon accounts / receiving a full access (haven't received a welcome email, while Eikon desktop is running well). Please may you kindly see if access to Eikon API could be established for my account?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• @jihoon.park what version of httpx package are you running? Please drop back to 0.19.2 and try again.

pip install httpx==0.19.2

Let us know how you get on. I take it you have already generated an appkey correctly etc. Also which package are you using - I recommend you use :

pip install refinitiv.dataplatform

then you can use both Eikon Data API and RDP services:

import refintiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
    #import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp

ek.set_app_key('YOUR APP KEY HERE')
    #session = rdp.open_desktop_session('YOUR APP KEY HERE')

I hope this can help.

Answers

• jason.ramchandani01,

Tried to access to API using the suggested solution, but the same error message has been populated (my colleagues did not encounter the error when they tried the same script).

I suspect that the error may be due to access issue - please may you kindly see whether my account has the access to API on Refinitiv's end?

• hi @jihoon.park

as checked, your account has access to Eikon API Proxy already.

Please could you say what version of Eikon, the Eikon library (see code below), and what version of Python you are using.

import eikon as ek
    ek.__version__

here's a troubleshooting guide that you can go through.