Retrieve inactive related companies

Hello guys,

I couldn't find a similar question.

Let's say I would like to retrieve a list of all related companies of a RIC.

For that purpose I have built the following formula:

equity, e = ek.get_data(ric, ['TR.RelatedOrgId', 'TR.RelatedOrgName', 'TR.RelatedOwnPct', 'TR.RelatedOrgType'])

As I expected, I have recieved a very well dataframe with related companies. However, to my best knowledge, the dataframe doesn't contain inactive companies, to which the RIC was related in the past.

1. Is it possible to adjust the code, so that the query also includes inactive companies?

2. As an alternative: Is it possible to define a timeframe? For instance the related companies between 2005-2019?

Please let me know if I can improve my question. :D

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Hi @Statistik Dude ,

Have you tried using the search API? This article shows you how you could use it, and I think it fits your needs perfectly.

To add a time period to your EDAPI request, you can use the 'parameters' argument, e.g.:

SPX = ek.get_data(instruments=".SPX",  # Looking at the S&P 500, thus the ' SPX '; indecies are preceded by a full stop ' . '.
    fields=["TR.CLOSEPRICE.timestamp",
    "TR.CLOSEPRICE"],
    parameters={'SDate': '2018-01-01',
    'EDate': '2019-01-01',
    'FRQ': 'D'}
    )[0] # ' ek.get_data ' returns 2 objects, the 0th is the data-frame that we're interested in, thus the ' [0] '.
    SPX = SPX.dropna() # We want to remove all non-business days, thus the ' .dropna() '.

Answers

• Hi,

I have managed to answer the question by my self.

If I have an ultimate parent ID given, the followoing screen works to my knowledge:

syntax = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.UltimateParentId, "%s"))'%(ult_id)   

fields = ['TR.CommonName']
    df,e = ek.get_data(syntax, fields)

I still would like to thank @jonathan.legrand for his help.

• Hello @Statistik Dude,

Thanks for sharing your answer with the community!