Limit of data points per request for Eikon Data API

Could you please let me know if the current limit of datapoints returned per request for get_data function of Eikon Data API for customers(=external Eikon users) is still around 10,000 data points?

I'm asking about this as I can get much more data points than 10,000 guessing my access right is for internal so I can get more data points per request.

Your prompt clarification would be much appreciated!

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/eikon-data-api/documentation

Datapoints returned per request - A datapoint is a 'cell', or a unique field value for a unique instrument on a unique time stamp. Datapoint limits vary by the content set being retrieved (for example, timeseries limits are different from news headline limits), but all are throttled on a per request basis and are not aggregated across all applications. Here are Datapoint limit examples per Eikon Data API function type

• get_data: The current limit value (10-Oct-2019) is around 10,000 data points.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Jirapongse admin
    Answer ✓

@hiroko.yamaguchi1

According to my testing, there is no limitation for the get_data function. Other limitations remain the same.

However, if the client uses the get_data function to retrieve a lot of data points, the client can get the TimeoutException, as mentioned in this thread.

Answers

• @hiroko.yamaguchi1

As I know, this get_data limitation isn’t applied to the new version of Eikon Data API.

It is for the old version of 1.0.2 and below. The current version is 1.1.14.

I have contacted the product team to update the document.

• @Jirapongse

Is there no limitation of data points per request for get_data function for v1.1.14?

If any, could you please let me know the current limit for v1.1.14?

Also, no changes in the other limitations(e.g. requests per sec, requests per day, etc.)?

• Thank you for your response.

When did the product team say we could expect them to update the document?

Also, exactly what number did the product team say the limitation for the get_data function for the latest version is?

• @hiroko.yamaguchi1

We have updated the get_data limitation.