Error code -1 | CBc6: Insufficient data |

Hi,

We are already using the Eikon API for 1 year+ but suddenly for multiple RICs we get the error:

Error code -1 | CBc6: Insufficient data |

This is just one example of the many RICs which suddenly stopped working. Last week friday all was still functioning. Already updated the Eikon Python version to 1.1.15.

How can we resolve this issue?

Best Answer

• raksina.samasiri
    Answer ✓

hi @marketintelligence ,

sorry for the problem you have been facing, may I confirm if the code you use is the below? (ek.get_timeseries). If so, I can reproduce the issue

1652085917825.pngand as mentioned in this thread, This is a content issue with Timeseries and the ticket to the Refinitiv helpdesk can be submitted at MyRefinitiv so they can refer the case to the technical support team. For this case, I'm raising a ticket for you and the support team is going to contact you directly to assist with this, the ticket number is 11206576

Answers

• Hi @marketintelligence

Based on past reports of 'Insufficient data' errors with the Eikon API, this is most likely a content issue - not an API issue.

Therefore, I recommend you contact the Eikon helpdesk - either via Eikon itself or from the My.Refinitiv support page e.g.

1652085779080.png

• Yes I use the same coding!
  • We're having the exact same problem. API requests for timeseries for RICs like `AUSDNFI1Y=` that we _know_ have data suddenly start returning this error message...

• Any update on this? My team is seeing the same problem.
  • hi @marketintelligence and @tr105 ,

I've check this ticket, it mentioned that the issue is resolved.

However, do you still facing this problem? if so, could you please submit the ticket along with the code used at MyRefinitiv so they can refer the case to the technical support team.

• Hi @tr105,

Is your error resolved or you are still facing the same issue?