bond class codes

Hi,

I am looking at bonds, and I would like to retrieve information about their type : I would like to know if it is investment grade bond, emerging, high yield or soverign. I tried to find the codes but with no success. I am using the Studio App and would like to retrive this kind of information.

Thanks very much for your help.

Raluca

Best Answer

• @ichim_raluca

Hi Raluca,

To distinguish sovereign and corporate bonds you can use TR.FiAssetType or FiAssetTypeDescription fields in Datagrid API. I'm afraid we don't have a field that would allow to distinguish developed market vs. emerging, mainly because these categories are somewhat fluid. There's no universally accepted definition for these categories. E.g. is Singapore developed or emerging? How about the part of Eastern Europe that belongs to Eurozone? There's also no field that tells you if the bond is investment grade or high yield. The only way I can think of to distinguish between investment grade and high yield is to retrieve the issue rating (TR.GR.Rating) or the S&P equivalent rating (TR.GR.RatingSPEquivalent), which normalizes ratings from various rating agencies.

Answers

• Hi Alex,

Ok, thanks for your answer. For the moment I will keep with question on hold, if I need more info on it, I will come back.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Raluca