Where can I find documentation on using get_data in Python.

eg I have this excel function:

=@TR({"ANZ.AX","CBA.AX","NAB.AX","WBC.AX"},"TR.TotalReturn52Wk","Frq=Y SDate=0 EDate=-19 CH=IN RH=calcdate;date")

is there documentation that describes how to translate that to Python get_data call.

Also what is the difference between TR.TotAssets and TR.F.TotAssets, where can I find documentation on this?

Thanks,

Tagged:

Best Answer

• raksina.samasiri
    Answer ✓

hi @barry.chapman ,

The related resources are provided below

For this case, the Excel formula can be converted to Python code as below

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

df, err = ek.get_data(["ANZ.AX","CBA.AX","NAB.AX","WBC.AX"]
    , [ "TR.TotalReturn52Wk.calcdate"
    , "TR.TotalReturn52Wk.date"
    , "TR.TotalReturn52Wk"]
    , {'Frq':'Y', 'SDate':'0', 'EDate':'-19'})
    df

Here's the output, compared to the output of Eicon Excel. If you'd like to get the same format with Excel output, you may use Python code to format the output dataframe.

1655865031020.png

The Data Item Browser (DIB) app can be used to see the description of each field, however, For in-depth, individual help with Refinitiv content, as a
    customer, please submit your content questions directly to MyRefinitiv1655865702678.png

Answers

• Thanks for the response, that part of the question is answered.

Can you also tell me, what is the difference between TR.TotAssets and TR.F.TotAssets , and in general, what does the .F mean?

• @barry.chapman

I checked and found that it relates to the Fundamentals Source: Refinitiv Company Fundamental (TR.F.), or Refinitiv Financials. You can find this setting in Eikon Excel.

1655890322945.png

1655890227270.pngYou may contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv for more information.