Why I am getting this error again and again, every time I run I get this. Not necessary that it giv

df_marketcap, _ = ek.get_data(["0#.SPX"],[{'TR.CompanyMarketCap':{'sort_dir':'desc'}}]) File "c:\users\fvc\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform\legacy\data_grid.py", line 211, in get_data _endpoint, payload, debug=debug, raw_response=raw_response File "c:\users\fvc\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform\legacy\json_requests.py", line 146, in send_json_request check_server_error(result) File "c:\users\fvc\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform\legacy\json_requests.py", line 230, in check_server_error raise RDPError(server_response["ErrorCode"], error_message) refinitiv.dataplatform.errors.RDPError: Error code 1503 | Backend request failed. Post http:/Apps/DataGrid/StandardAsync: read tcp 10.19.177.175:46884->10.19.243.25:80: read: connection reset by peer

Best Answer

• anonymous user

I can run the code properly on my machine.

1670398966545.png

According to the error message, the application is unable to connect to this server (10.19.243.25:80).

You may try to ping this IP: 10.19.243.25 and use a web browser to access 10.19.243.25:80.

Answers

• Hi anonymous user

Are you getting this error everytime you run? Or it seems to appear randomly?

You can try to enable logging as outline within a very similar question.

• Please see attached error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
    Cell In [6], line 2
    1 import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
    ----> 2 ek.set_log_level(1)
    3 ek.set_app_key('<app key>')

File c:\users\wasim.akram\appdata\local\programs\python\python38\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform\legacy\tools.py:219, in set_log_level(log_level)
    216 from refinitiv.dataplatform.core.session.session import Session
    218 default_session = DefaultSession.get_default_session()
    --> 219 default_session.set_log_level(log_level)

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_log_level'