Messenger Bot API Password reset

Hello,

I am trying to authenticate a new bot which was provisioned a few months ago via the `https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/beta1/token` gateway. I am getting error message: `{"error":"access_denied" ,"error_description":"Invalid username or password." }`

Is there a way I can reset the bot password?

I believe this is the problem because:

- I am able to successfully receive an `access_token` token when using a generated API key and my own personal Messenger username/password. Indicating that the API key is functional and the code I am using is sending the correct REST message.

- I am able to add the chat bot to my own messenger instance. Indicating that the bot username exists - although, when I try to send it a message I get the response of "this bot is currently unavailable to receive messages"

Best Answer

• jtatton
    Answer ✓

Hi @wasin.w

I figured it out. So I was able to reset the bot password using the "please reset you password" link provided in the Refinitiv Eikon app...

image001.png
    Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Hello @jtatton

The Messenger Bot team suggest that you should use the UI to reset the password (like a person Messenger account but enter the bot user id instead).

If you cannot access the UI, please contact your LSEG representative or Account Manager.

I hope this information help.

• Hello @wasin.w

Thanks for your help.

Happy to try using the ui. Which ui are you referring to though? I am unable to log into the messenger application ui using the bot username/password as the password is invalid/expired. Is there another ui I can use to perform this sort of "administrative" operation on the bot (and I presume my personal messenger account would need to be associated with the bot account in order to be able to do this)?

• Hello @jtatton

Unfortunately, I do not know. However, I have submitted a support ticket number 13771824 to the Messenger Support Team on your behalf. They will contact you via a separate email thread.

• Hello @jtatton

I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved on your end. Your answer will help other clients who are facing the same issue too.