Cobalt products that use OnePass but not SAP/Prism

Are there any products on that use OnePass for authentication but do not have SAP/Prism in place for authorization (products that implement their own authorization layer)?

I assume this could create challenges with UDS. Are there any problems if your product only has a Website module?

Best Answer

• There is one "product" in the Cobalt Platform that does not use SAP, but it still uses Prism Security, preferences, etc. Most of the services in UDS are independent of each other, so it could be possible to use part of UDS without using SAP or Prism. However, much of the Website processing (including signon processing) does make extensive calls to UDS, including ones that DO require OnlineCharges and Prism. Someone more familiar with the inner workings of Website would have to identify how much of Website could be re-used without UDS, or without the information that is currently obtained from OnlineCharges and Prism.

Answers

• There are plenty of products that use OnePass that don't have SAP/Prism (legalsolutions, BoardLink, acceluslms, etc.) However, none of them are Cobalt Platform products. I do believe that the Cobalt Platform currently requires both OnePass and Prism. I don't know of any product that use Cobalt Platform.
  • Do you know what that product is Diane?