Skip Novus Document caching for performance?

Is there any way to turn off or skip Novus document caching in order to test the worst case scenario for performance of code that does Novus doc pulls?

Answers

• Is your question in relation to Cobalt Document rendering full text documents, or strictly pulling documents from Novus in any fashion?
  • Any fashion. Specifically, I am doing some Doc pulls in the DataOrchestration module for a feature in the LivEdgar Gap project.
  • Robert are you asking if there is a way to turn off the database caching on a Novus Collection?
  • Actually just wondering if there is an api parameter or flag I can set on the Novus/Find objects before I do the doc pull. I'm trying to get performance timings for the code I'm working on and hoping to avoid having to look for guids that aren't cached yet.
  • Robert - Sorry I did not get this answered before now. There is not an API parameter or flag that can be set on the Novus/Find objects before doing a doc pull that would allow you not not pull a document from the Database Cache. The Cache is set at the database level and Novus does not control the Cache.