Bypass Report module session bindings?

How do you bypass the Report module session bindings if you want to call an endpoint from a tool like Fiddler? I've done it before by setting something in the header and/or query string.

Best Answer

Answers

• Instead of trying to bypass session checks or session bindings, I would just start a regular session and use Fiddler to capture and modify a valid request. There are two ways you can capture a valid session request: 1. If you are running Website or Document locally, enable capturing "all processes" with Fiddler. Then, you can capture a server to server call from Website/Document to Report by executing code that would call the Report module (i.e. run a BKR, Matter Benchmark, or Business Investigator report). 2. If you are NOT running Website or Document locally, you can still capture a call to Report from your browser. Simply enable Fiddler capturing and go to a BKR, Business Investigator, or Professional Report. All of these reports make Ajax calls to the Report module by using `x-cobalt-host` routing. The advantage to this method is that you can do this in any environment... even PROD. Anyways, once you have a valid capture, simply drag the captured request in to the Composer window. From there, you can modify the request as you see fit and re-execute it. You can modify the post body, URL, headers, etc. Make sure you keep your session active by keeping your browser window open.
  • You can add a query string parameter of bypasssessionbindings=true to your request url. You will also likely need to add the x-cobalt-product-container header with your product name to resolve any product specific dependencies.
  • Does anyone know if this functionality is disabled in prod?