Issues building and running "Hello Eikon" app

Walking through the instructions to build a [Hello Eikon App][1], I came across a couple of issues: - Following the exact instructions, my build complained about a mismatch in the architecture. Specifically: > Warning - There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "ThomsonReuters.Eikon.Communication", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. HelloEikon > I resolved this by setting my "Platform target" to match the complaint, i.e 'x86'. I assume this is correct and the instructions should be changed to reflect this? - The instructions state to set a breakpoint within an empty? constructor. Why empty? Does it have to be empty? - When placing a breakpoint, I then follow the instructions and do either of the following: “Start Eikon Debugger” or “Run Eikon Application”. In either case, I get this dialog: ![alt text][2] 1. My Eikon is up and running 2. Current version of Eikon is: 4.0.2.21099 3. What is the "Eikon debugging feature" and how can I determine if I have it? Is this the reference in the requirements section that states: ***Permissions to develop and debug external applications on the Thomson Reuters Eikon Platform This should be enabled for all internal users in version 4.21.*** 4. `I wasn't initially running VS12 as admin, then I did but made no difference. > If anything, it may be #3 above but I will need confirmation. According to the above comment, I should already have this given I'm an internal user assuming it is related to the issue. [1]:
http://openeikon.azurewebsites.net/desktop-sdk/desktop-create/desktop-hello-eikon/ [2]:
http://techoverflow.int.thomsonreuters.com/upfiles/eikonrunerror_1.png

Answers

• Nick,

You are right. It is #3 because of which you get the error message above. We plan to enable all TR employees for this feature by the end of the month. But as of now, this is done, solely on demand basis. I have enabled you for the feature now. We control access to this feature through Eikon Library.
  • Thanks Nav. Unfortunately, this didn't help as I'm receiving the same problem. How can I tell if I've been enabled for "Eikon debugging feature"? See this related post:
    http://techoverflow.int.thomsonreuters.com/questions/2883/what-is-the-eikon-debugging-feature
  • I was able to get past the stage of not getting this dialog anymore. As it turned out, simply closing Eikon wasn't enough. I had to go down to the task window and close the Eikon task as well which upon restart was able to recognize that debug feature added.
  • Hi Nick,

Just to be clear - if you right click on you project title in the Visual Studio Solution Explorer and select 'Properties' you will open the settings page - on the Application Tab be sure to target '.NET Framework 4' and on the Build Tab - be sure to select 'x86' as the Platform target.

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks. Yes, in my original post, I did come across this. Specifically:

"I resolved this by setting my "Platform target" to match the complaint, i.e 'x86'. I assume this is correct and the instructions should be changed to reflect this?"