The resource "uxApplicationBackground" could not be resolved.

I'm trying to follow the instructions on the .net SDK on
openeikon.azurewebsites.net. I think I've done everything correctly, but I'm getting the following error: The resource "uxApplicationBackground" could not be resolved. c:\users\...\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\HelloEikon\HelloEikon\MainControl.xaml Line: 8 Column: 14 HelloEikon Please advise.

Answers

• Hi - I've got the same issue too with VS2013.. Can anybody answer his question?
  • Steve, Daisuke, These are project template bugs. While they are being fixed you can do the following workarounds:
    1. Using NuGet package manager, uninstall Eikon UI Library, and reinstall it ensuring you point to the official NuGet.org online feed (search "Eikon" in top right search box of NuGet Manager dialog) . That should lead to version 1.4.3 being downloaded instead of version 1.2.2.

2. In SetEikonSkin method, replace
      Source = new Uri("pack://application:,,,/OpenEikonDesktopAppV13;component/Resources/EikonAppSkin.xaml")
      by
      Source = new Uri("pack://application:,,,/ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.UI;component/Resources/NovaSkin.xaml")
      You can delete EikonAppSkin.xaml from C# project.

At this stage the project should compile and run.

3. (Optional) Replace
      Background= "{StaticResource uxApplicationBackground}"
      by
      Style= "{StaticResource uxNovaStyle}"
      The above style also set the foreground in addition to background.
    4. Denis
  • I regret that I must inform you that steps 1 and 2 did not resolve the issue. Neither did the optional step 3. Please advise.
  • For other readers: after more investigation, this was due to Eikon being run on PROD platform.
  • In the 3rd and final step:

Background= "{StaticResource uxApplicationBackground}">

Needs to be replaced with:

Style= "{DynamicResource uxNovaStyle}">

Many thanks to Denis for getting on my machine and fixing this for me.