How to create Flex documents from templates through JET api?

Hello, Is there a way (like JET.navigate) to open the Flex documents with some customized parameters through JET api? Thanks a lot in advance, Bo

Best Answer

• Yes (see below), however, flex documents are somewhat deprecated in Eikon 4.0 (in favor of 'floating' workspaces). Sample JET code:
    JET.navigate({'name':'Model.FlexDocument','target':3,'url':'trd://Thomson Reuters Files/FlexWizard/Equities/Africa.kofx'});

Answers

• Hi Frederic, The "add new comment" function does not work on my side. Thus I have to add comment in the answer area. -------------------------------------------------------- Many thanks for the answer. I have a further question. How to open a saved flex document with a RIC parameter (e.g. "RIC: TRI.N")? So the popup dialog will display the specified RIC related data. Alternatively, how to pass multiple parameters to JET.navigate to open a customized flex document which has four areas (Quote, Chart, Order Book and News) for a specified RIC name? Thanks, Bo
  • This is not supported - documents do not inherit the active context or able to receive a 'global' context.