Multiple Connections to consume ERT Cloud Service

Hi team,

In the documentation regarding the ERT Cloud (https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/websocket-api/docs?content=45485&type=documentation_item) in the section 2.8.4 about Multiple Connections, it says 5 simultaneous connections using the same access token are supported, But when I tried with more than 5 connections using the same access token, all connections were working and getting the streaming data. Can you clarify this and shed some more light into the topic?

Thank You

Best Answer

• Gurpreet
    Answer ✓

Hi @bansalshah, The number of concurrent connections is restricted to 5 on a given ADSPOP (infrastructure component which provides market data). However, there is a load balancer for incoming connections, which can route a connection to a different ADSPOP, and a user may get away with the 5 connection limit sometimes. Hence, I will recommend to refrain from depending on this feature, or else your new connections might be rejected randomly.

Answers

• Hi @bansalshah, I will check with product team and clarify. Maybe, it is a restriction that is not in place yet and might be enforced in near future.