Cobalt routing page fails to render for web apps running locally

The routing page seems to stall whenever I try to use the **{my-ip}.ip.next.{env}.
westlaw.com** FQDN’s. The local IIS sites appear healthy and the configurations have not been modified. Routing in the upper and lower environments works fine.

Best Answer

• Although I don't know of the root cause, the following steps restored my ability to route locally: 1. I removed the extra and unwanted TFS workspace mapping. 2. I performed a TFS GetLatest inside the VS environment for the Cobalt Website solution. 3. Because the [site] web project failed to load in the VS Solution Explorer, I modified the .sln file to use the correct relative path to the Cobalt Static Content project folder. The .sln file in TFS used "..\..\". I added a 3rd up-dir segment to all 4 references to now use "..\..\..\" instead. This was the correct project path needed to load the [site] web project. 4. Rebuild. 5. Removed files from the extra and unwanted Cobalt Static Content folder.

Answers

• I discovered a few more symptoms to this issue. For the WestlawNEXT product VS solution: (1) the [site] web project was not loading, (2) The TFS workspace mappings had an extra and unwanted Cobalt Static Content mapping, and (3) TFS GetLatest would copy static content project code to the extra unwanted target folder.