API Proxy does not complete loading (Mac)

I am trying to get the Proxy API to run. I used it around 6 months ago without any problems. However, when I open the app, the login window indicates its loading, then the application quits without any error message (after about 5 seconds). I know this is a common issue so I tried many solutions...

• Restarting the computer
  • Updating the computer
  • Redownloading the software
  • Being signed in/not in the developer community
  • Running on a different port: /Applications/Eikon\ API\ Proxy.app/Contents/MacOS/Eikon\ API\ Proxy --busPort=49153
  • Note: I am not on a trial account

I still get the same problem. Happy to provide more information if necessary. And thanks for the help!

Best Answer

• This sounds like a machine specific issue, which requires troubleshooting on the machine where the problem is reproduced. For this reason it cannot be effectively dealt with on a forum. Contact Refinitiv Helpdesk and open a service case.

Answers

• Next to check:

- no .portInUse file (\Eikon API Proxy\.portInUse)

- resetCache (/Applications/Eikon\ API\ Proxy.app/Contents/MacOS/Eikon\ API\ Proxy --resetCache)

-Eikon account credentials

• Ok I will open a service case.

• All of the above did not solve the problem so I'm currently talking to customer support. But thank you so much for the ideas!

• Hey Alex. I know this was resolved awhile ago. My solution was running "/Applications/Eikon\ API\ Proxy.app/Contents/MacOS/Eikon\ API\ Proxy --resetCache" MULTIPLE TIMES. Also note that this error occurs only when your account is logged in on a different device. Hope this helps future users!