How do I expand a Tomcat Stack Trace?

So, I am debugging a search error, and when it prints the stack trace, it gives me something along the lines of: at com.trgr.cobalt.search.web.SearchController.doRetrieveResultsForStandardView(SearchController.java:829) at com.trgr.cobalt.search.web.SearchController.getSearchResults(SearchController.java:265) at com.trgr.cobalt.wlnc.search.web.WlncSearchController.getSearchResults(WlncSearchController.java:208) ... 5 more at com.trgr.cobalt.search.web.ControllerAspect.doControllerAction(ControllerAspect.java:92) ... 30 more My question is, what is the `... x more`? Is there any way to expand this out to read this stack trace further?

Best Answer

• Hi, the "30 more" is generated by the Java Runtime. It means that the same exception is repeated 30 more times. So instead of seeing the same stack trace 30 times which can take a lot of space, it just shows it to you once and puts a little message that it was repeated 30 times.

Answers

• Search and Related Info have enabled the stack trace filtering you are showing. It looks very similar to the JVM provided compression of repeated stack frames but is not quite the same. What is being removed from the stack trace are frames for Spring, Java and so forth so application code provided by TR stands out. Generally, you need not worry about what is going on in the compressed frames. But if you wish to see them in your Console, you can edit EnhancedLogRecord in either module.