SDK Installer not adding Eikon template to Visual Studio

From Eikon 4.0.2 I've gone to the DesktopSDK Installer and I'm getting a message in the installation window saying the installation has been successful. Opening Visual Studio (12)The greyed out Eikon Developer toolbar is visible but going to File->New Project I cannot see the Eikon Desktop App template anywhere (I've had a colleague check to make sure I'm not missing anything).

Has anyone else had this problem? Can we download from NuGet?

Thanks in advance,
DavidC

Answers

• You need to make sure that both Eikon and Visual Studio are running with the Administrative rights. When the template gets installed, two zip files are copied to:

My Documents/VIsual Studio XXXX/Templates/ProjectTemplates/

EikonDesktopApp.zip
    EikonDesktopAppWithDataAccess.zip

Check if you have them.
  • Hi Evgeny, having the same issue, did all that and still no project template. On installing the SDK it passes all the tests.
  • Hi Tony,
    Using Evegney's reply the other day, removing any existing .zips and reinstalling, everything is OK on my machine (Visual Studio 2012).

File, New, Project and in the Project dialog box go to Templates, Visual C#, scroll down the list to the bottom and Eikon Desktop App and Eikon Desktop App with Data should be there.
  • Hi David, i checked in that path and there are no Zip files...Restarted Eikon in Admin mode, installed the SDK again. Says its already installed and click next to re-install which i do.. still no luck am afraid.
  • Well, as a random suggestion, search for EikonDesktopApp.zip on your drive, may be the installer is not getting the correct VS path? Just curious where it installed it.
  • hmm that could be a problem that file isnt on my laptop..
  • That's a good point by Evgeny. When I deleted on the original unsuccessful installation, I had two instances of the two zip files that get installed (as I've deleted these now I don't know the directories they were stored to).

Maybe a search for any or all instances of the zips, delete, reboot (yes, I know!) and then reinstall might do the trick. Certainly, as I said before, after my initial unsuccessful attempts I got the installation completed successfully.

David
  • even though the install is supposedly successful i don't see any zip files. something not right.. thanks for offering suggestions btw.. i will try to figure out whats going on.. dont want to wast any more of you guys time. cheers