Error trying to run the App Studio .NET SDK.SampleApplication (Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The

Hi

I downloaded the C# project .NET SDK SampleApplication from the Eikon Developer tab. If I try to attach it to an Eikon Host or Run the App, or Start the App using the debugger (using the Visual Studio Add-In) - I get the following error message 'Error running the application in Eikon.

Please contact Open Eikon support. Details: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The System cannot find the file specified.'

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• @jason.ramchandani

I found the same issue with App Studio Project in Visual Studio 2013. I got the following error in %TEMP%\EikonDevAddInLogs\EikonDevAddIn.log.

2/17/2016 2:15:19 AM:GetStartupProject: item=AppStudioApp1\AppStudioApp1.csproj
    2/17/2016 2:15:19 AM:Exception in RegisterWithEikonHost:[Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.
    ]

The problem has been fixed in Floating Toolbar version 4.37.0.28. This is a special hotfix to be provided on as
    needed basis. Your Eikon account is in that group so you can use Floating Toolbar version 4.37.0.28.

Please update your Eikon and make sure that the version of Floating Toolbar is 4.37.0.28.

Answers