No Response for Multiple RIC streams

I viewed this question about stream id per ric vs batches to get an idea of how to approach this. I'm running into issues when I send multiple requests for stream (as opposed to Non-Streaming) data. When I send 4 separate requests to receive streaming data for some RICS. I only get streams for 2. I don't receive any responses (Status, Update, Refresh) for the other requests

Here's a (simplified) version of what my code looks like:

const rics = ['AAPL.OQ', 'IBM.N', 'DIS.N', 'TSLA.OQ']

for (const ric of rics) {
//The request is made with ids: AAPL=>2, IBN=>3, DIS=>4, TSLA=>5
//Helper method creates the message, and sends the message from the websocket
sendStreamRequest(ric);
}

Example of what a message looks like:

{
ID: 2,
Key: {
Name: 'AAPL.OQ'
},
Streaming: true,
Type: 'Request'
}

My method to use an id for a stream (right now) is really simple. I start with id=2, and increment the id by 1 for each different RIC.

With the current code I have, I'll receive a response for the first 2 APPL, IBM, but no other responses for the other 2 messages I sent - not a Status, Refresh, or Update message.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Best Answer

• nick.zincone
    Answer ✓

Hi @jonathan.powell,

The basic code you provided looks ok. Based on what you are seeing, I can only assume there may be some issues within the callbacks and how you are handling the messages. There are a few things you can try.

1. Make sure you can retrieve all the data as expected. That is, change the size of your rics array to only contain 1 RIC per execution. Execute the app 4 times changing the ric each time.
    2. Try sending the rics as a batch. For example, simply pass in the rics array into the 'Name' parameter and observe the behavior. The 'Name' property can accept either a string or array of strings.
    3. Simplify your code to eliminate any post-processing except to print out the native JSON message received.

When I ran a simple example, this is what I submitted:

{
    "Key": {
    "Name": "IBM.N"
      },
      "Domain": "MarketPrice",
    "View": [
    "BID",
    "ASK",
    "DSPLY_NAME"
    ],
      "ID": 2
    }

{
          "Name": "DIS.N"
       },
       "Domain": "MarketPrice",
       "View": [
          "BID",
          "ASK",
          "DSPLY_NAME"
       ],
       "ID": 3
    }

etc.

And the responses look like this:

{
       "ID": 2,
       "Type": "Refresh",
          "Service": "ELEKTRON_DD",
          "Name": "IBM.N"
       },
    "Qos": {
    "Timeliness": "Realtime",
    "Rate": "JutConflated"
    },
    "PermData": "AwEBYsA=",
    "SeqNumber": 6096,
    "Fields": {
    "DSPLY_NAME": "INTL BUS MACHINE",
    "BID": 0.0,
    "ASK": 0.0,
    }
    }

etc...

Answers

• Hello @jonathan.powell

Are you connecting to your local TREP or ERT in Cloud? Could you please share a full JSON messages log when the problem occurs?