EIKON DATA API and Proxy

My connection setup is the following:

Refinitiv desktop version 4.0.53 (connection mode: internet)

Python version 3.7.10

eikon version 1.1.6.post3

I have checked that the localhost:9060/api/status returns:

{"statusCode":"ST_PROXY_READY","version":"2.8.0"}

and localhost:9000/ping?all returns:

{"port":9000,"mode":"eikon4","pid":16440,"hasSecure":true,"startedTime":"Wed May 26 2021 14:11:02 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)","subApps":[{"path":"/heap"},{"path":"/ping"},{"path":"/sxs","data":{"hasSecure":true,"sxsApps":{}}},{"path":"/api"},{"path":"/sxs/v1/services/messenger"}]}

When I run the following python code:

import requests
import eikon as ek

r = requests.get(url="http://localhost:9060/api/status")
print("STATUS:\n", r.text)

body = {
    "AppKey": appkey,
    "AppScope": "rapi",
    "ApiVersion": "1",
    "LibraryName": "Eikon Python Library",
    "LibraryVersion": ek.__version__
}

r = requests.post(url="http://localhost:9060/api/handshake",
                  headers={"Content-Type": "application/json"},
                  json=body)

print("HANDSHAKE:\n", r.text)

I get:

STATUS: {"statusCode":"ST_PROXY_READY","version":"2.8.0"} HANDSHAKE: {"code":500,"message":"connect ECONNREFUSED 159.220.1.19:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

If I try to run simple get_data(), I will get an

Error code 503 | Server Error
Network error (tcp_error)
Operation timed out

I'm working behind a corporate proxy, could you please advice on this?

Best Answer

• The problem is resolved by modifying user account configuration on Refinitiv side.

Answers

• @jukka.katajamaki01

This issue requires intervention by Refinitiv Support. I created a support case on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. A Helpdesk agent will be in touch with you with the results of their investigation or if they need any info from you. For your reference the case number is 09928838.

• Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue following an upgrade from v4.0.51 to v.4.0.53. I am also behind a corporate proxy, also have the same localhost:9060/api/status and have a very similar error message when trying to request data through the R eikonapir package:

"{\"code\":500,\"message\":\"connect ETIMEDOUT 159.220.1.19:443\",\"statusMessage\":\"Internal Server Error\"}"

From checking with other users in my company, they have the same issue following the upgrade. I've since downgraded back to v.4.0.51 and I can access the API again.

@Alex Putkov. would you know if this is the same issue? And should I reach out to Refinitiv Support?

Thanks!

• Yes, it's very likely the same problem. I opened a support case on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. For your reference the case number is 10088983.

• Great, thank you very much Alex!