Error Code 500: Socket Hang Up / Internal Server Error

Hi,

My colleague who recently signed up for an Eikon trial account is facing the following error when attempting to run some sample code:

2022-10-28 11:11:45,977 P[19708] [MainThread 18724] Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"socket hang up","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}
2022-10-28 11:11:45,977 P[19708] [MainThread 18724] HTTP request failed: EikonError-Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"socket hang up","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 127, in send_json_request
_raise_for_status(response)
File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 271, in _raise_for_status
raise EikonError(response.status_code, error_msg)
eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"socket hang up","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

I suspect that a backend configuration has to be modified since he just signed up for the account. If this is indeed the case, could anyone from the Refinitiv/Eikon team let me know who to PM to pass on the associated email address?

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• @wesley.ng

Sorry about the issue that you are facing.

If it relates to the backend configuration, please contact the Eikon support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

I found a similar question. The issue was resolved by adding a config parameter to Eikon account settings at Refinitiv.

I hope that this information is of help

Answers