Testing the Java example of Websocket consumer "Java Market Price Example"

I have tried using EMA Consumer example with sink_driven_src to get the feed.

I am now trying to run the Websocket based Consumer, please can anyone help me how it can be tested against any test server which will provide the feeds like sink_driven_src.

Best Answer

• Jirapongse
    Answer ✓

Another option is using TREP 3.2. You can run TREP 3.2 which supports WebSocket to connect to sink_driven_src and then run the Websocket based Consumer to connect to TREP 3.2.

For example, you can use ADS POP and configure it to connect to sink_driven_src and enable WebSocket connection on ADS POP.

With this method, you can consume data from sink_driven_src via WebSocket connection.

However, you need to contact your Thomson Reuters Account for a license to run ADS POP.

Answers

• Hello @amar.a.panigrahi

Now Thomson Reuters provides Real-Time Data in the Cloud. As far as I know it supports Websocket so it may serve your requirement. For more detail and process to access it, please refer to Thomson Reuters Elektron Data Platform Real-Time Data in the Cloud

If the suggestion above does not serve your requirement, please contact your Thomson Reuters Account team who can provide you with other solutions.

• You mean to say that there is cloud based service which will provide us the feeds.

and we should get this host from Thomson Reuters and get the traffic opened from our network to hit this host.

I believe, we will be able to test the connection using rmdstestclient?

So its not available for testing purpose?

We have received the username and password from Thomson Reuters, so the next step would be to get the authentication token using your Rest API?

• Hello @amar.a.panigrahi

Thomson Reuters Elektron Data Platform Real-Time Data in
    the Cloud
    provides Thomson Reuters Amazon Machine Image (AMI). The AMI contains Websocket application. After you launch and connect to an Amazon AWS EC2 based on this AMI, you can use Websocket
    application on EC2 to consume data from the feed without using rmdstestclient. For the
    steps and details, please refer to Quick Start - Connecting to Elektron Real Time in Cloud

Real-Time Data in the Cloud supports Amazon
    EC2 instance customers only currently.

If Real-Time Data in the Cloud which I explained
    above does not meet your requirements,
    you should contact Thomson Reuters Account team/Representative who can help
    you to find the proper solution.