backend error. 500 Internal Server Error - with get_timeseries request

Best Answer

Answers

• @Zhenya Kovalyov I can confirm the problems with time series requests. We're having the same issue. Error 500 in 50% of the requests. We ran these requests every day and had no issue. Sometime to run the save request multiply times helps, sometimes does not.

• its not any specific request. we request a RIC periodically using:

df=ek.get_timeseries(tkr,
    start_date=start,
    end_date=end)

Where tkr can be any ticker. I concur with @igorg, the error happens maybe 1/3rd to 1/2 of the requests, and today is the first we have seen it.

• let me add, they seem to have gone away now. back to normal. maybe you rebooted? ;)

• @9029ef3d-816c-4b3d-b8a4-7e45f818c246, @igorg many thanks for reporting this, we are looking into it.

• @9029ef3d-816c-4b3d-b8a4-7e45f818c246, @igorg
    Are you still experiencing this issue? If not, could you please accept the response by @Zhenya Kovalyov. If you're still experiencing the problem, please let us know by responding on this thread.
    Thanks.

• I'm not. But I cannot accept it because this is not my post.

• This error means there is a problem on the server side. A Server Error can be caused by any number of things from uploading the incorrect file to as bug in a piece of code. This error response is a generic "catch-all" response. The web server is telling you that something went wrong, but it's not sure exactly what that is. If you have root access, you should review your web server's error logs to get more information about this. If you are using shared hosting plan, you should contact your host to get more information. The best way to debug the error depends upon the server and what's actually running at the time. Consider some debugging tips to help diagnose and fix common causes of this problem.